LIBRARY MANAGER – Magrath Public Library
The Magrath Public Library Board is seeking a motivated and flexible individual to serve as Library Manager. The successful candidate must be enthusiastic about public library service – particularly in a rural area.
Being innovative and community-minded, the successful candidate will work at building and maintaining collaborative relations with the Board, staff, community, volunteers and library partners. A versatile approach and a strong commitment to excellence in customer and library services are essential. The Library Manager will have the opportunity to:
• Access and implement emerging library technologies in a small community setting
• Work collaboratively with the Board to develop the library’s programming and service direction
• Develop core skills in planning, project and operational management • Pursue ongoing professional development in library management
• Develop programs to benefit a unique and close-knit community
Education and Experience:
• High School diploma required
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with English language fluency required
• Management and customer service experience are assets
• Experience in a public library preferred
• An understanding of library technologies and their impact on services (computer experience necessary)
This is a permanent part-time position with a minimum of 25 hours per week and a competitive hourly wage. Applications will be accepted until May 10, 2018. While we thank all interested applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply, please email cover letter and resume to: Scott Fletcher (Board Chair) firstname.lastname@example.org