The Magrath Public Library was established by the town council in November 1937. It opened in with a collection of donated books in February 1938, in the upstairs of the 1910 Town Hall. Since that time, it has developed a collection of over 20,000 items including books, movies, and audio recordings.
In November 1996, the library moved into a separate building. The move resulted in an increase in the number of patrons and in items circulated. The library moved again in December 2018, and is now in a combined location with the Magrath School. Through Chinook Arch Regional Library System, Magrath patrons have access to over 900,000 items from 33 libraries in southwest Alberta.
The Library offers programs for all ages and interests. These include Story Hour, Summer Reading Programs, cultural activities, digital content, wireless internet, and public computers.
The Library Board and Friends of the Library appreciate the support from the members of the community and surrounding area.